Many women feel uncomfortable with their breasts. Whether your breasts are too small, too large, hang too low, or are uneven, cosmetic complaints can impact your feminine shape and the way you feel about your body.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. J. Douglas Cusick understands how important your bust is to your overall beauty. He performs multiple surgery options to help you achieve breasts that both look and feel their best.
Find the breast surgery procedure that’s right for you by calling (913) 661-0202 today. Dr. Cusick welcomes patients in Kansas City, Leawood, and nearby areas of Kansas.
Your Breast Surgery Options
No two women are exactly alike. When performing any breast procedure, Dr. Cusick will take into account the size, shape, and symmetry of your breasts, as well as your medical history, your physical health, your goals, and other factors to determine the ideal procedure.
Depending on your goals, your choices for breast surgery may include:
- Breast augmentation: This procedure involves the placement of a silicone or saline breast implant to enlarge the breast, add volume, and adjust asymmetry.
- Breast lift: Raises your breasts to prevent sagging; may be performed as its own procedure or in tandem with a breast augmentation if you are concerned about volume as well as shape.
- Breast reduction: Some women with large breasts feel self-conscious about their size or the looks they get from others. Breast reduction provides a natural-looking decrease that can also relieve physical symptoms caused by large, heavy breasts.
- Breast reconstruction: For patients who have undergone mastectomy or lumpectomy to treat breast cancer, reconstruction is often a key part of the survivor’s journey. Dr. Cusick will discuss the suitability of reconstruction using breast implants or flap surgery with your body’s own tissue.
One of the most important factors when considering any breast surgery procedure is to have realistic expectations. Knowing what the procedure may be able to achieve will help you make educated decisions about the changes you would like to make.
Is Breast Surgery Right for Me?
Your candidacy for a specific breast procedure will depend on the issues you want to address. However, candidates for most breast surgeries meet the following general criteria:
- Good overall health, with no active infections
- Non-smokers, or able to quit within a designated time frame before the surgery
- 18 or older (with some exceptions; for example, you must be 22 before you can get silicone breast implants)
- You understand what the procedure you’re considering can accomplish
During your consultation, Dr. Cusick makes it his mission to educate you on the procedure. He will fully discuss the options that can help you obtain your desired transformation, and work with you to develop a treatment plan that is customized to your ideal outcome.
View our before-and-after gallery to see the results Dr. Cusick has helped other patients achieve.
Contact Our Breast Surgeon Today
Dr. Cusick has performed breast surgeries for many patients in and around the Kansas City area. He and his team will provide you with personalized care before, during, and after your procedure to maximize your comfort, safety, and likelihood of an ideal outcome.
To get started on your breast surgery journey, please call (913) 661-0202 today to schedule your consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Cusick serves patients in Leawood and nearby areas of Kansas.